April 10, 2011

Weekend Away

 Chad went to his friend's deer camp in Monroeville, Alabama this weekend so Davis and I headed to Lafayette!  I took the day off from school on Friday and it was a nice treat.  Davis was a trooper and slept the entire way to Lafayette.  Our first stop was a surprise visit to PopPop's office.  Davis had a great time in the big swivel chair and playing with the phone.  Next, we headed to Cornerstone for a quick visit with Dot. 

                      
 Then we were off to Bon Bon's.  I met up with my cousins for lunch and my mom and aunts (aka: the grandmas were watching the kids and having lunch) 


Lunch at Nash's with my cousins was a blast.  We got there at 1:00 and left at 3:45.  It was so nice for all of us to visit.  We missed our out of town cousins (Katie, Kimberly and Angie)  And we had an extra sweet surprise.  Aunt Jamie had gone by the restaurant earlir and left $100 to put towards our bill with a sweet note for us that said "Girls, Hope you enjoyed lunch.  You should do this more often"   Thanks, We love you Mootzie!


Mallory took us for an evening cruise on the golf cart!  Davis loved every minute of it!  He got a new toy and is trying to walk.  I'm not sure if I'm ready for all of that yet!  Ha!


 Davis really enjoys eating his own food and likes to feed himself.  He enjoyed having a little bit of a waffle and banana for breakfast!
 KK, Davis and I went shopping and to lunch on Saturday.  Davis was a trooper again but crashed out on the way home.   He took a long nap and then hung out on the swing with Nannie Stephanie.  He was totally relaxed and didn't move. 
I'm still trying to learn how to take pictures with my new camera so I took some family pics while we were outside. 






My parents kept Davis on Satuday night and I enoyed a night out to dinner with my friends!  We had a great time at Charlie G's!  Can't believe we've been such close friends for almost 20 years...  are we reallly that old? 
We all had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment