March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

With Mardi Gras behind us, it's already St. Patrick's Day. I don't need a four leaf clover to know that I am a lucky gal! After enjoying a week off for Mardi Gras break this spring forward time change has thrown me for a loop!  It was hard adjusting to the new time change but I must admit, I do love the cool, long evenings!  If only I could catch up on laundry, cleaning, cooking, etc to actually sit down long enough to enjoy one!  Ha!  I will soon! 
Last weekend was the end to a great break for me.  Saturday was a fun filled day with friends.  Chad and I took Davis to his buddy Will Estep's 1st birthday party!  (His mom, Julie and I are friends!  We work together)  Davis had fun playing with Will's toys and even enjoyed a taste of icing from his cake! ;) 


 
After the part,y the Folses came in town to spend the night with us!  As usual we had a great time!  Of course the night was planned around food.  On the menu....  chargrilled oysters shucked by Chad and Trent, 2 kinds of homemade ravioli ~ one stuffed with elk, spinach, blue cheese and garlic and the other stuffed with baby portabella mushrooms, garlic and fresh parsley topped with  red cream sauce.  It was yummy and we all enjoyed our evening.  Davis and Finn had fun playing in the kitchen too.  They had cookbooks and tupperware.  They even took a ride together in Mallory's old wagon ( The Chariot of Fire.) 

Miss Mallory celebrated her 14th birthday on Saturday!  We missed being with her but she was had a great time in Houston with her parents and KK and PopPop.  She found a great dress for her upcoming dance at school and she got her ears peirced!  WooHoo!  You go girl!

Davis has been on the move!  He is crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything.  We find ourselves saying "No, Davis!" quite a bit these days.  Which is funny because right after Davis was born, Mallory bought him a book.  The book is called No David but sweet Mal changed every page to Davis.   I got it out the day and this is what happend... I promise there was no prompting.  I was folding clothes while he was "reading" his book!  Too cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment