May 24, 2011

Sick Baby

I'm a little sad tonight.  One becuase my baby is going to be one tomorrow.  I cannot believe it!  But, he just keeps getting better! 

The other reason that I am sad is because my poor baby is sick.  I mean really, on his first birthday.  Good thing we had planned a low key/fun day with just me, Chad, and Davis.   Davis and Finn are having a 1st birthday party together next week in Lafayette. 

 
Davis came home from school yesterday not feeling well.  He had fever ~ 102.  He did sleep most of the night but just wasn't himself.  I'm so glad I'm finished with school so I was able to stay home with him and take him to the doctor.  I thought it was hit teeth at first, then maybe an ear infection since he wasn't taking his bottle.  His fever did finally break this afternoon but it wasn't any of that.  Poor baby has a red/sore throat with 2 ulcers on it.  No wonder why he was fussy and not eating.  I HATE SORE THROATS... and I'm such a baby when I have one that I can only imagine how painful it is for him.  It just breaks my heart that we can't do anything about it.  The doctor said it was viral and we can just give him motrin/tylenol every 4 hours.  We even tried popcicles but he wasn't interested.   He just hung on to me and sat with me in the rocker.  It was kind of nice to just hold him all day ;)   He had his moments of fun though and he played a bit today.  ( guess the Motrin kicked in)  I was able to catch a few shots of him.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day!  We will certainly make is special for him!

 
              He is obsessed with the vaccuum.

Davis should be ready for his big birthday tomorrow!  He had a bit of practice opening gifts this weekend.  He sure had a fun time and got some neat things!  Thanks to Miss Myrt and Baker for the cute, soft block and ball set and the new plate set.    Thanks to Adam, Paula and Cliff for the cool steering wheel toy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment