October 25, 2010

Weekend at Home, Ahh!!!

It was so nice to spend the weekend at home with just the three of us!  We have been gone for the past 4 weekends so we really enjoyed some time to ourselves at home!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and have certainly enjoyed my last 4 weekends: beach, NYC, Davis' baptism and a quick trip to Lafayette for a baby shower and night out!  It's been fun but also nice to recharge at home too!

Friday night Chad and I had a little "date night" at home.  I cooked a delecious chicken scallopini with spinach and asparagus over linguine.  Then we watched the NY Yankees try to advance to the World Series but not such luck.   

Saturday was a beautiful day so we went to the Wooden Boat Festival in Madisonville.  Our first stop was to Friends on the river to grab a bite to eat!  We had a perfect spot at a table on the water!  The cool breeze, cocktail, and one man band were perfect!  We walked around for a while and finally found a perfect spot under a big tree.  I brought a blanket and we all just relaxed and people watched!!! Ha!  Davis had a great time too!  People would stop by to see him and tell us how glad they were that we were enjoying ourselves!  How funny!  I guess we looked pretty relaxed too!


 We came home to watch the LSU Tigers play but they lost too! 
Sunday turned out to be a productive day!  We pressure washed the patio, the front porch and the walkway.  Next up is the drive way!! I made cuban sandwiches (Rachel Ray's recipe) and they were so yummy!  We were hoping the Saints would win but they didn't either.

Not a good weekend for our sports teams but a GREAT weekend with my family!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment